Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Black Dehlia written by James Ellroy
The Black Dehlia puts a fictional twist on the real life case of the Black Dehlia. The story follow Bucky Bleichert
a L.A.P.D officer assigned to the case of Elizabeth short, she was found on January in 1947. Her body cut in half. Bucky goes crazy trying to solve her case and slowly becomes consumed in it to the point were he falls in pretty much in love with this dead woman.

This book took me a while to get through, but as much I wanted to trash this book I managed to get through the whole thing. It was just so dark and plain gross at point.I got the book (though it was fiction) to learn more about this unsolved mystery, and I totally regret it. Because James Ellroy portrays her as a slut who sort of deserved what she got, so in a way it sort of ruined the reputation of a girl know one really knew.
As you get deeper and deeper into the case it gets more dark and wierd. I'm not dissing it I sort of get what Ellroy was trying to do, but at times he did not need to get so graphic in detail you know.
I was fairly disappointed in this book which is rare for me, but anyway yes I should have just rented it for free at the library instead of buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment